Top 5 Things to Do on Mexican Riviera Cruises
Your Guide to Mexican Riviera Cruises
If sunny beaches and rugged landscapes appeal to you, it may be time to book your Mexican Riviera cruise tickets. A soothing cruise to Mexico’s “Gold Coast” is one of the top ways to relax during the craziness of the upcoming holidays and is also one of the best winter cruise options to get away from chilly weather. Plus, with so many intriguing ports of call in the Mexican Riviera, finding the ideal activity and excursion for your personality is easy.
Mexico cruises are a hit with just about everyone, with excursion options ranging from relaxing on a sandy white beach and scuba diving to exploring ancient ruins, being immersed in traditional culture, enjoying the marine life in the area, visiting local art districts, culinary tastings and more. Some of the top stops on a Mexican Riviera cruise include Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta and Acapulco. If you are someone who loves to take advantage of excursions, here are our top five recommendations while on your Mexican Riviera cruise:
- Snorkeling in the Sea of Cortez – If your Mexico cruise has Cabo San Lucas on its itinerary, and you love being in the water, consider this unique opportunity. Cabo, which is located where the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific Ocean meet, is an ideal spot for scuba diving and snorkeling. Favorite areas for divers and snorkelers include Cabo Pulmo and Santa Maria Bay, both which are home to incredible marine preserves. In addition, you can see the onlyliving c oral reef in the Sea of Cortez if you visit Cabo Pulmo. Typical water temperature in the area is between 72 and 82 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare yourself to see lots of fish and possibly friendly sea lions in this location!
- Seek Out Tradition in Mazatlan – On your upcoming cruise to Mexico, you may have the opportunity to stop in Mazatlan. Here in this old coastal city, you will find rich history and a variety of buildings dating back to the 1800s. If the idea of being immersed in culture piques your interest, stop by the Old Mazatlan Historic District. Don’t forget to bring your camera, as you will be surrounded by colorful restaurants and cafes, and even might have the opportunity to see dance performances and live musicians. If architecture interests you, swing by the Catedral Basilica de Mazatlan, a stunning masterpiece built in Neo-Gothic style.
- Experience Tranquility in Puerto Vallarta – Many Mexican Riviera cruises stop in the stunning tropical port of Puerto Vallarta. Located in the jaw-dropping base of the Sierra Madre Mountains, there is so much to see and do while in this area. For those who want to enjoy the exquisite natural surroundings and become one with the area’s environment, you can take an excursion off the beaten path. We suggest visiting Colomitos Beach. Reachable only by boat, this untouched beach area is the perfect romantic getaway from any tourist areas.
- Play with Sea Turtles – While Acapulco may be one of the most famous beach resort areas in the entire world, did you know you can also get up close and personal with its marine life? On your next cruise to Mexico, take a trip to the Sea Turtle Rescue Center, located in picturesque Acapulco. Here you can learn about the creatures and possibly see a turtle released into the wild. The surrounding area also is an ideal spot to capture unforgettable photographs.
- Go Shopping in Viejo Vallarta – Another popular Mexican Riviera cruise activity is shopping in the historic areas in order to pick up genuine trinkets and arts and crafts. Viejo Vallarta is located in the tropical port of Puerto Vallarta and offers visitors charming cobble-stoned streets filled with vendors and various market areas.
With the holidays and cooler weather just around the corner, isn’t it time to treat yourself to one of the best winter cruise destinations? Mexican Riviera cruises combine beauty, tradition, relaxation, top cuisine and incredible scenery all into one trip. Ask us about our Mexican Riviera spring break cruise specials and learn more about Mexico’s ports of call at CruiseExperts.com.
Book your cruise to Mexico by calling the CruiseExperts today at 1-888-804-CRUISE (2784). Don’t forget to like us on Facebook and join our InnerCircle for exclusive offers and cruise news you can use! Also, check out our new Resource Center, where you can receive expert knowledge from us before your next cruise!
Our team of cruise consultants and support staff, based in Central California, counts nearly a century of combined talent, knowledge, and enthusiasm in the travel industry. We’re not just another internet upstart; our seasoned team has gained the trust and business of thousands of satisfied cruise and land vacation customers from all over the country since 1995. We ARE the original Cruise Experts.