Top 5 Things to Do in London
Spend a memorable day of exploration with our top five things to do in London
If a trip abroad is in your future and London is on your itinerary, start planning a day of excitement now thanks to an abundance of things to do in London! Whether you are traveling as a couple or are bringing kids on your London vacation, you’ll be thrilled to know the city has something for everyone.
Dozens of architectural and historic settings will excite any history buff; a wealth of fine-cuisine establishments will get any foodie’s mouth watering; and an extensive list of museums, theaters and famous sights will delight any admirer. So pack your bags and begin planning a day of discover with our list of 5 exciting things to do in London with kids or your special someone:
- Explore Westminster Abbey – Immerse yourself in history as you explore the famed medieval church, Westminster Abbey. Here you will come across Charles Dickens’ and Geoffrey Chaucer’s resting place, you can visit the Royal Tombs, and take a tour of the Shrine, Cloisters and Nave. The architecture and beauty of Westminster Abbey is unlike any other, so be sure to bring your camera and plan on spending at least 2 hours in this locale.
- Discover London’s National Gallery – True art buffs can’t visit London without stopping at this mega-museum. Located in bustling Trafalgar Square, here you will find masterpieces from French impressionists, Renaissance masters and more. The National Gallery also has plenty of things that would excite children, so put this on your itinerary if you are seeking things to do in London with kids. With over 2,300 pieces within its never-ending walls, expect to spend up to a half day in this location if you want to explore on your own. For shorter trips, take the free, one-hour tour that is available each day.
- Delight in the West End Theater District – One of the most exciting things to do in London for couples is to take in an award-winning show. On par with New York’s Broadway, London’s West End Theater District is the place to be if you are a theater junkie. The energetic atmosphere and surroundings of the theater are just as incredible as the shows you can witness. Visit nearby Leicester Square’s official discount ticket booth to score hot shows for low prices.
- Have fun in Harrods’ Toy Kingdom – Ideal for children ages 6 and older, Harrods’ toy extravaganza is every child’s fantasy. Here your children will explore an enchanted forest, candy factory, and just about every game you can think of, making it a top stop on your things to do in London with kids list!
- Take on the role of Zookeeper! – At the famed ZSL London Zoo, children 11 years and older and adults can be a zookeeper for a day. This up-close and personal experience lets you take care of some of the most popular animals at the zoo, including monkeys, giraffes, llamas and pigs! This 3.5 hour adventure is sure to be the experience of a lifetime.
No matter what delights you, you are sure to find it in the stunning and historic city of London. In addition to the unique experiences listed above, be sure to also explore the area’s outside gardens, squares, restaurants, and architectural hotspots.
If you are ready to book a London cruise, speak with an experienced CruiseExperts agent today to make the most of your trip. Visit www.CruiseExperts.com or call 1-888-804-CRUISE (2784). Don’t forget to like us on Facebook and join our InnerCircle for exclusive offers and cruise news you can use! Also, check out our new Resource Center, where you can receive expert knowledge from us before your next cruise or cruisetour!
Our team of cruise consultants and support staff, based in Central California, counts nearly a century of combined talent, knowledge, and enthusiasm in the travel industry. We’re not just another internet upstart; our seasoned team has gained the trust and business of thousands of satisfied cruise and land vacation customers from all over the country since 1995. We ARE the original Cruise Experts.