Top 10 River Cruises
Curious about the top 10 river cruises? Check out which made the cut!
A luxurious and exotic river cruise is truly a vacation everyone should experience at least once in his or her life. These opulent vessels allow for a more intimate cruising experience and a chance to immerse yourself in European culture and history through tours, tastings and more. If you have been considering passage on one of these sought-after ships, you will want to read up on the top 10 river cruises available. Each one offers unique sightseeing, excursions, culture and more, allowing you to choose the best river cruise for your interests.
Find your dream vacation with the help of our top 10 river cruise suggestions:
- Seine River Cruises – Spend time in breathtaking France and enjoy its famed artwork, romantic cities, history and more. Seine river cruises typically travel around top ports of call including Paris, Nice, Normandy’s landing beaches, London and more. Consider Avalon’s 11 day river cruise from Paris to London with prices at $3,395 and some sailings up to 40 percent off per person.
- Rhone and Saone River Cruises – Is the French Riviera calling your name? If so, Rhone and Saone River cruises can give you a journey through southern France like no other. This is one of the top European river cruise options for those who want a gastronomic experience, and also love stunning architecture and “traveling” back in time. Consider Viking’s 8 day river cruise from Avignon to Lyon starting at just $1,949.
- Moselle River Cruises – Often called the best kept secret of Europe, the Moselle will transport you through Germany, France and Luxembourg. Here you can see quaint towns, notable wine regions, breathtaking scenery, and countless attractions. Seeking a romantic and picturesque getaway? Avalon’s 8 day river cruise from Remich to Amsterdam starting at $2,2489 might be ideal for you.
- Rhine River Cruises – Perhaps one of the top European river cruise requests involve the unforgettable Rhine River. Here you will be taken on an enchanting journey around France, Switzerland, Germany and the Netherlands. Explore castles, museums, Germany’s Black Forest and more. Try Viking’s 12 day Cities of Light cruise from Prague to Paris for just $2,799.
- Main River Cruises – Explore the Main River, which connects the Black and North Seas. Visit popular ports of call such as Nuremberg, Trier and Miltenberg. If you love medieval cities, history and witness spectacular architecture, this could be the best river cruise for you. Try Avalon’s 8 day river cruise from Remich to Nuremburg, starting at $2,499.
- Danube River Cruises – Surely some of the top European river cruises take place along the famous Danube River. One of the longest rivers in the world, here you can pass through 10 incredible countries such as Germany, Vienna, Budapest, Serbia, and more. Explore Avalon’s 8 day Taste of the Danube from Vienna to Budapest, starting at $2,303.
- Elbe River Cruises – If stunning scenery is what you are longing for, an Elbe river cruise may be one of the best river cruises for you. Here you can explore the famed gardens of the Saxon Monarchs, visit the popular Meissen porcelain factory, witness the sandstone cliffs and take a tour through Old Town Prague. Consider Viking’s 10 day cruise from Prague to Berlin, from just $2,599.
- Waterways of Holland river cruises – Have you always longed to see the floral masterpieces that make Holland famous? Perhaps you have wanted to explore Belgium’s magnificent medieval cities. All of this and more is possible on a Waterways of Holland river cruise. Travel from Brussels to Amsterdam on Avalon’s 8 day river cruise for just $2,099.
- Douro River Cruise – Often called the River of Gold, the Douro River runs from Spain through Portugal. On this top 10 river cruise, you will witness noted wine houses, castles, monasteries, breathtaking cathedrals and more. Explore Lisbon to Porto on Viking’s 10 day river cruise starting at $2,499.
- Waterways of the Czars river cruise – If you have always wanted to have a Russian adventure, this is one of the best river cruises to consider. Explore the Catherine Palace, famous Hermitage museum, the Kremlin Armory museum, Moscow’s impeccable architecture and more. Viking’s 13 day Moscow to St. Petersburg adventure starts at just $5,599.
There are so many choices in our Top 10 River Cruise list, you may need help deciding. Let one of our expert travel advisors assist you today by calling CruiseExperts.com at 1-888-804-CRUISE (2784). And, don’t forget to like us on Facebook and join our InnerCircle for exclusive offers and cruise news you can use! Also, check out our new Resource Center, where you can receive expert knowledge from us before your next cruise or cruisetour!