When is the Cheapest Time of the Year to Cruise?
Find out when is the cheapest time of the year to cruise and book with CruiseExperts.com for the best deals!
Have you been planning this year’s vacation but want to make sure you get the most ‘bang for your buck’? If so, you are probably wondering when is the cheapest time of the year to cruise. You will be happy to learn that there are multiple times of the year when cruising offers rock bottom prices to those looking to sail away on vacation. On the flip side, there are also peak season prices that could cause sticker shock for those who are trying to find hot deals, or who want to spread their vacation savings across multiple cruises.
Today we are going to take a look at when is the cheapest time of year to book a cruise. Some of the time frames may actually surprise you! In general, cheap cruise prices typically occur for cruises sailing in the late winter and the early fall. It makes sense as kids are still in school or just going back to school, so most families are not traveling during this time. Also, winter holidays have just passed so most people are staying put and not spending money. Going against the grain and sailing during these times still offers you all of the perks of the cruise ship and onshore excursions without the hurried crowds and long wait time in line.
Now, the key to finding cheap cruise deals is knowing particular “low price” weeks in the seasons we mentioned above. Here is a quick cheat sheet:
- 14th of January through the first week of February – This is a popular cheap cruise time because most people do not travel after the craziness of the holiday season. Plus, this is a time when many people are saving their money or paying off their holiday debt. So while they stay home, you can get out on the ocean and enjoy a cheap cruise deal on a luxury ship!
- End of February – Again, tied to the holidays but this time, Valentines Day. While mid-February is usually a peak time with higher cruise prices, the end of the month often sees cheap cruise fares up until the time Spring Break arrives.
- Beginning of May – If you can wait for Spring Break to pass (as prices could be quite high), you can enjoy a short season of low prices before school lets out and families are ramping up their vacation plans.
- After Labor Day – If you have some free time in September after the popular Labor Day rush, take advantage of incredible cruise deals that happen from this time frame up until October. With children sent back to school, you can expect quieter ships and very affordable vacations!
- Early December/Pre-Holiday – Another great time to find cheap cruise deals is right before the winter holidays hit. Early December typically offers discounted sailings on some of the best ships with the most popular itineraries. Take advantage of little crowds and increased attention onboard!
Have a particular region of the world in mind and wondering when is the best time to find cheap cruise deals to that area? Here are some tips for two of the most popular cruise destinations:
Alaska Cruises – Generally, the Alaska cruise season runs from May to September because of weather and choppiness of the water, so there is a shorter time span for cruises to this popular area. The cheapest time of the year to cruise to Alaska and snag amazing deals is during the very beginning of the season (early May) or at the tail end (during September). If you do opt for one of these seasons, keep in mind that you may experience disagreeable weather and some of the shore excursions could be canceled. However, these aren’t a definite, and you are sure to still enjoy a relaxing cruise with incredible scenery.
Caribbean Cruises – One of the most beloved regions by cruisers worldwide, cruises to the Caribbean happen year round because, well…the weather is always incredible! When searching for cheap cruise deals to this area, keep on the lookout for sailings in September. This is typically a slow month because families have wrapped up their vacations and kids are back in school. The sun is still shining however, and you can grab a rock bottom fare!
Are you ready to snag a cheap cruise deal? Let a skilled CruiseExperts.com agent help you find the best week for you to travel and the perfect itinerary for your budget!
Visit CruiseExperts.com or call today at 1-888-804-CRUISE (2784). Don’t forget to like us on Facebook and join our InnerCircle for exclusive offers and cruise news you can use! Also, check out our new Resource Center, where you can receive expert knowledge from us before your next cruise or cruisetour!
Our team of cruise consultants and support staff, based in Central California, counts nearly a century of combined talent, knowledge, and enthusiasm in the travel industry. We’re not just another internet upstart; our seasoned team has gained the trust and business of thousands of satisfied cruise and land vacation customers from all over the country since 1995. We ARE the original Cruise Experts.