Best Summer Cruises (with Prices)
Find the Best Summer Cruises for the Entire Family
Summer is just around the corner and now is the time to start planning for the best summer cruises.
Summer cruises offer a wide variety of cruising destinations as seasonal cruise destination closed for the winter are now open to exploring. Depending on your family’s preference for entertainment and activities as well as an ideal destination, you’ll be able to find something for every age group in your family on summer cruises.
Best Summer Cruises for Families
With the kids out of school and warmer weather circulating, summer is generally the most opportune and likeliest time to take a vacation for the entire family. The best summer cruises for families offer a variety of entertainment options to please any child, teenager and adult.
With amazing onboard amenities geared toward young children, teenagers, and the entire family, there’s no entertainment-related excuse not to take the family on a cruising adventure of a lifetime.
From laser tag, waterslides, IMAX theaters, and ice skating, to Dr. Seuss parades and stargazing, the best summer cruises for families never lack in entertainment choices.
Disney-themed cruises are one of the most popular to book when looking for the best summer cruises for families. Disney cruises best suited for families include:
- Disney Dream: A ‘water coaster’ at sea features crazy twists and turns for thrilling adventures the kids will surely cherish. A gigantic video wall for gaming in addition to a teen-only club helps keep the kids occupied with entertainment options during the night as well.
- Disney Magic: ‘Vibe’ is a parent-free space for dance parties, karaoke, video games, TV, and meeting new friends. A waterslide, water sports, and ping pong tables also add to the amenities geared toward making the summer cruise ideal for families.
For more traditional cruise ships, the best summer cruises for families also include:
- Royal Caribbean Symphony of the Seas: Being one of the biggest cruise ships in the world means numerous activities for families including zip-lining, a rock-climbing wall, and an Aqua Theater hosting movies and theatrical shows.
- Carnival Vista: An IMAX theater to watch the latest movies on and an onboard waterpark ensure every guest will have their entertainment needs catered to. A Camp Ocean features a summer-camp atmosphere to help participants learn about marine life through group activities.
- Norwegian Escape: Stand over the edge of the cruise ship on a ropes course or enjoy a kids-themed aqua park. Even a round of miniature golf ensures the entire family can have their entertainment needs met.
- Emerald Princess: Princess cruises offer great fun for the whole family and the Emerald Princess’s ‘Discovery at Sea’ programs offer children stargazing opportunities, as well as activities themed around television shows featured on the Discovery Channel; Shark Week and Finding Bigfoot.
Our team of cruise consultants and support staff, based in Central California, counts nearly a century of combined talent, knowledge, and enthusiasm in the travel industry. We’re not just another internet upstart; our seasoned team has gained the trust and business of thousands of satisfied cruise and land vacation customers from all over the country since 1995. We ARE the original Cruise Experts.