Hurtigruten Cruises to Feature Battery-Powered MS
Hurtigruten is one of the first cruise lines to provide battery-powered ships.
Hurtigruten Cruises is leading the industry with the first battery-powered cruise ship. The first of two hybrid vessels to be added to the Hurtigruten fleet, the MS Roald Amundsen features environmentally sustainable hybrid technology.
Hurtigruten ships are leaders in exploration travel, and their goal is to educate the industry and the world that hybrid propulsion is possible on large ships. CO2-emissions are cut by 20-percent as is fuel consumption, and it’s due to exciting and innovative sustainable technology. One of Hurtigruten’s goals is to raise and set standards for the cruise industry as a whole. If you love expedition cruises, we are ready to book you on one of the MS Roald Amundsen’s upcoming cruises.
Leaders in Exploration Travel
Hurtigurten, as the leader in exploration travel, the importance of – and responsibility for – the environment is taken very seriously. Achieving our U.N. Sustainable Development Goals is vitally important to the company and its employees. Examples of what has already been done include:
• The MS Roald Amundsen is the first hybrid battery-powered cruise ship.
• Hurtigurten Cruises was the first major travel company to eliminate all single-use plastic from all of their ships.
• Hurtigurten ships are green-friendly, safe, and advanced expedition vessels.
• Hurtigurten has an expert expedition team which is eager to share their knowledge with guests on each destinations culture, history, wildlife, and ecosystems.
Onboard the MS Roald Amundsen
The ship’s Observation Deck is an exciting design feature. It consists of a two-level indoor outdoor observation area for observing wildlife (binoculars and camera) and for viewing spectacular scenery.
The center of the onboard experience is in the Amundsen Science Center. Filled with state-of-the-art technology, guests, staff, and crew develop a deeper and more meaningful understanding and appreciation for the areas being explored.
The Science Center includes areas for lectures, a small library, and spaces for workshops in biology, photography, and more. Hurtigruten’s select Expedition Team can usually be found in the Science Center and are ready to help answer your questions.
Dining Aboard the MS Roald Amundsen
Nordic and Norwegian heritage is the inspiration behind the three restaurants on the MS Roald Amundsen.
• Aune Main Dining Room – This restaurant is named for Tinus Aune, the Norwegian ship chandler and polar expedition supplier.
• Fredheim – This restaurant is an informal meeting and social gathering room and is named for a 1900s hunting station on Svalbard.
• Lindstrom – This specialty restaurant is named for the favorite chef of the Norwegian polar heroes, Adolf Lindstrom.
Our team of cruise consultants and support staff, based in Central California, counts nearly a century of combined talent, knowledge, and enthusiasm in the travel industry. We’re not just another internet upstart; our seasoned team has gained the trust and business of thousands of satisfied cruise and land vacation customers from all over the country since 1995. We ARE the original Cruise Experts.