American Icon Lee Greenwood Joins American Duchess Cruise
A music-themed cruise offers plenty of entertainment options for every passenger.
Much of America’s history took place on its rivers. From romance to music to riverboat gamblers, stories flowed from the pens of newspaper writers who romanticized the paddlewheel and the sound of the steam whistle to the American public.
The American river cruise in the 1800s transported the rich, the partygoers, the merchants, the gambler, and the seductive philanderer. Today’s river cruises are luxurious in comparison, and the American Duchess Cruise recreates the atmosphere, romance, music, and pleasures a hundredfold.
The harmony of the river blends with the music of the cities built on its banks. Music cruises where you hear New Orleans Jazz, the Delta Blues, Memphis Rock and Soul, or Nashville’s homegrown sound country music icon with Lee Greenwood are all part of American Queen Steamboat Company cruises.
American Duchess Cruise
There will be only two music-themed cruises on the American Duchess in 2020, and the spots will fill up fast. Be sure you don’t miss out by calling CruiseExperts.com today at 1.888.804.CRUISE (2784). We’ll get you booked on one of these two fantastic cruises. This is a spectacular cruise experience with an amazing lineup of guest performers.
In addition to “God Bless the USA” writer, Lee Greenwood, you’ll enjoy a bluegrass show by Storefront Congregation, Folk music with Dave Para, Terry Mike Jeffrey with rock, blues, and country, and Memphis blues legend, Joyce Cobb.
This is definitely a “bucket list kind of cruise” you’ll be talking about for years to come.
American Duchess Music Cruises
Take a look at the dates of the two spectacular music cruises and the itineraries they offer, ND then call us at 1.888.804.CRUISE (2784) to book the cruise that fits your schedule.
Louisville to Clarksville (Nashville) River Cruise – 9-Day Journey
- May 03, 2020 – May 11, 2020 — Fares from $2,999 per person
- September 13, 2020 – September 21, 2020 — Fares starting at $2,699 per person
The following cruise itinerary is the same for each of the two exciting cruises.
• Day 1: Louisville KY -When you arrive in Louisville, you’ll enjoy your complimentary stay at the Brown Hotel. Stop at our Hospitality Desk (at the hotel) anytime between 3:00 PM and 7:00 PM with any questions you may have and for information on how to enjoy your evening and next day’s sightseeing time in Louisville.
• Day 2: Louisville KY – Voyage Check-In is open from 9:00 AM to 12 Noon. Arrange for your transfer to the American Duchess which begins at 3:00 PM. The ship departs Louisville at 5:00 PM
• Day 3: Brandenburg KY – This pretty community is a favorite vacation destination. It’s beautifully located on the Ohio River with stunning scenery and numerous outdoor activities. There are included shore excursions.
• Day 4: Owensboro KY – Settled in 1797 by frontiersman William Smeathers (Smothers). The city is rich in history and where the Lewis and Clark Expedition wintered before their famous trek. Actor Johnny Depp is from Owensboro. There are included shore excursions.
• Day 5: Henderson KY – This area was once a great hunting and fishing mecca of American Indians. The first white men to see it were Thomas Walker and Daniel Boone who arrived there traveling through the Cumberland Gap. John Audubon was attracted to the area by the wooded hills and lush vegetation. He operated a mill on the river. The Audubon State Park and Museum shouldn’t be missed. There are included shore excursions.
Our team of cruise consultants and support staff, based in Central California, counts nearly a century of combined talent, knowledge, and enthusiasm in the travel industry. We’re not just another internet upstart; our seasoned team has gained the trust and business of thousands of satisfied cruise and land vacation customers from all over the country since 1995. We ARE the original Cruise Experts.