How Do You Prepare for Your Next River Cruise? Our River Cruise Tips Will Help
Optimize your next river cruise with our proven tips to enhance any river cruise.
Planning your dream cruise will be easy when using our river cruise tips. Learn how to dress for a European river cruise so you’ll be comfortable while enjoying your activities and excursions.
Call us at 1.888.804.CRUISE (2784) and we’ll find you the best river cruise lines for the destination you choose.
Important River Cruise Tips
The following tips will help make your river cruise an exciting and memorable experience. Before you leave on your cruise, there are important preparations to make so everything goes smoothly while you are away.
• Make arrangements for pets to be cared for. Provide plenty of food and treats for the caregiver to give your pets, your veterinarian’s information, medications, and info on your pet’s personality.
• Notify neighbors how long you will be gone, and supply contact information for a relative in the event there is a problem at your home. Ask a neighbor to collect your mail and papers every day so it isn’t obvious that no one is home.
• Notify your bank and credit card company of your trip and give them your itinerary so they won’t think it is stolen and put a hold on your funds.
• Pack a list of all emergency contact persons and phone numbers including information and numbers to report lost or stolen credit cards.
• Be sure to bring your driver’s license in the event you want to rent a vehicle while in Europe. Make copies of all travel documents, passports, and other identification. be sure to give a copy of your itinerary to family members and friends in the event someone needs to contact you.
• Purchase an international plan for your phone so you can keep in touch with your family.
• Exchange your U.S. dollars before you leave to get the best exchange rate.
• Purchase voltage adapters for charging electronics, phones, and camera batteries.
• Bring your medical insurance cards, copy of all prescriptions, and a list of all medications you take. Pack medications in your carry-on baggage. Be sure to have extra in case of a delay in your trip.
How to plan and dress for a river cruise
Planning and preparation for your cruise doesn’t have to be stressful and time-consuming when you follow our tips. Any questions you have can quickly be answered by speaking to one of our friendly and knowledgeable agents. Call us at 1.888.804.CRUISE (2784).
• Itinerary – Look through all the cruises in the area you wish to visit to be sure the stops you want are part of the Itinerary whether it’s a famous winery tour or visits to historic castles and medieval landmarks.
• Extensions – Take advantage of the opportunity to extend your vacation by a few days to explore and immerse yourself into the history and culture of the amazing European city where your cruise begins or ends. If time allows, you may choose to extend your trip on both ends of your cruise.
• Clothing – Check the weather for the countries you’ll be visiting so the clothing you pack will suit the climate. It’s wise to pack a light jacket or sweater even in warm months for evening breezes on the ship.
Comfortable walking shoes are a must. Many excursions require walking on old cobbled streets where some shoes would be uncomfortable. A compact umbrella and a raincoat are essentials as showers can pop up unexpectedly. Think layers when you pack so you can quickly adjust to any weather change. Use accessories to dress up an outfit.
Our team of cruise consultants and support staff, based in Central California, counts nearly a century of combined talent, knowledge, and enthusiasm in the travel industry. We’re not just another internet upstart; our seasoned team has gained the trust and business of thousands of satisfied cruise and land vacation customers from all over the country since 1995. We ARE the original Cruise Experts.