Cruise Experts Available Toll Free: 1.888.804.CRUISE (2784)

Read Our Other Great Blogsview

Alaska Australia and New Zealand Caribbean Canada and New England Hawaii Mexico European River Cruises Bucket List Christmas and Holidays Group Cruises

Exclusive Cruise Offers -

• 7 Days 4/14/2019 from Fort Lauderdale, Save up to $2,500.00/per stateroom
  • 7 Days 7/7/2019 from Port Canaveral, Save up to $1,580.00/per stateroom
  • 7 Days 6/2/2019 from San Juan, Save up to $998.00/per stateroom
  • 7 Days 6/23/2019 from Fort Lauderdale, Save up to $504.00/per stateroom
  • 7 Days 4/14/2019 from Miami, Save up to $300.00/per stateroom
  • 7 Days 10/5/2019 from Miami, Save up to $230.00/per stateroom
  • 7 Days 8/25/2019 from Fort Lauderdale, Save up to $126.00/per stateroom
  • 7 Days 11/10/2019 from Galveston, Save up to $82.00/per stateroom
  • view all sailings
  • 16
  • Sep
  • 2014

Top places to eat in St. Croix during your Caribbean cruise

St. Croix offers the best of the U.S. Virgin Islands for any patrons on a Caribbean cruise vacation. From great shopping to a relaxing time in the sun, visitors can explore the island or go swimming – but no trip to St. Croix is complete without eating at one of the island’s many amazing restaurants.

St. Croix offers a wider variety of cuisines to dine on. The local Crucian fare will be a treat for any visitor, but there are also a plethora of specialty and more down to earth places to eat that offer a filling, exciting meal. Below are a few of our favorites places to eat across the island.

Happy Traveler Comment
I started the week singing in my Senior Choir and one of my members cornered me and said, "I know you know Hawaii better than anyone. I want to take some friends there....who do you recommend?" I told her I would hook her up with my California connection and the very best travel agent in America and gave her your phone number! - Betty Dunnam

40 Strand Eatery – The 40 Strand Eatery, aptly named for its address in Christiansted, offers Caribbean fare with a vegetarian flair. For omnivores and carnivores there are meat-dishes on the menu, but the eatery’s specialty is in vegetable-based plates that will make your mouth water.

40-strand-eatery-specials-09152014

Photo courtesy of 40 Strand Eatery in St. Croix, US Virgin Islands

Avocado Pitt – The Avocado Pitt is an amazing bistro located right on the Wharf in Christiansted. Grab breakfast or lunch here before touring the town or grab a boxed lunch to take with you as you explore.

avocado-pitt-food-09152014

Photo courtesy of Avocado Pitt and traveler TheParrotMagazine

Beach Side Cafe – Why leave the beach to eat when you can have both at Beach Side Cafe in Frederiksted? This cafe/wine bar provides great light meals to compliment your day in the sun, as well as a wide variety of cold drinks to keep you in the island spirit. Reserve your lounge chair in advance by getting a Cruise Ship beach day pass at http://www.sandcastleonthebeach.com/cruise-ship-beach-pass.

beach-side-cafe-09152014

Photo (and featured pic) courtesy of Beach Side Cafe in St. Croix, US Virgin Islands

Galangal – For a different type of island cuisine, Galangal offers top-quality Thai food for patrons visiting on their Caribbean cruise. Galangal is one of many visitor’s favorite places to eat on St. Croix, located at 17 Church Street in Christiansted. For a special treat, arrive early and peruse the restaurants art gallery for a bit of Thai history and culture.

galangal-thai-holy-basil-napoleon-09152014

Photo courtesy of Galangal Restaurant

The Galleon – Located at The Reef Resort in the Green Cay Marina, The Galleon offers seafood favorites to guests, as well as an extensive wine and cocktail list. Visit for dinner then relax in the restaurants piano bar, or visit earlier in the day for an amazing brunch.

the-galleon-restaurant-lobster-09152014

Photo courtesy of The Galleon in St. Croix, US Virgin Islands

Rowdy Joe’s – For a more down-to-earth dining experience, visit Rowdy Joe’s. Focusing on local fare and a variety of traditional American dishes, Rowdy Joe’s combines the taste of home with the Carribbean. Enjoy a fresh fish dish and end the meal with some homemade ice cream. Rowdy Joe’s is located at the east end of Cane Beach in Christiansted.

rowdy-joes-09152014

Photo courtesy of Rowdy Joe’s in St. Croix, US Virgin Islands

Villa Morales – On the other end of the island, Villa Morales focuses on Crucian cuisine in Frederiksted. Enjoy an authentic meal in a relaxed St. Croix diner and discover some of the charm that inspires many to move to the island permanently.

The Waves at Cane Bay – An American-style restaurant, The Waves offers some high-quality food with an ocean view. Situated right on the coast, visitors can eat on the open air porch, dining on the freshest catch of the day. The Waves is conveniently located at Estate Cane Bay.

the-waves-at-cane-bay-09152014

Photo courtesy of The Waves at Cane Bay

If you’re ready to head off on an exciting cruise vacation, now is the time to start planning.  Instead of sweating the details, let our experienced staff at CruiseExperts.com handle it for you. Contact us by calling 1-888-804-CRUISE (2784), visiting our website www.CruiseExperts.com or emailing us at info@cruiseexperts.com.

Linda Brandt

Linda Brandt joined the team at CruiseExperts.com in November 2011. She has been working with the marketing team in many capacities. Her new role is to pass on the expertise of the agency to help travelers understand the world of cruising through blogging. She studied journalism and writing in college and was a writer for The Campus newspaper for two years at the College of the Sequoias. She is also currently working on her Bachelor’s degree.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Read Our Other Great Blogs

The CruiseExperts Agency
CruiseExperts.com
CruiseExperts.com - The Original Online Cruise Experts
Phone: 1.888.804.CRUISE (2784), Website: , Hours: M-F 8AM to 6PM, Sat 9AM to 4PM PT
Driving Directions - Google Maps, Address: 111 South Court Street Suite 104 Visalia, CA 93291 USA

Don't Overpay for Your Cruise

Want to receive Exclusive Cruise Offers? Join Our InnerCircle Newsletter Today! (Hint Hint, You will Get An Added Bonus for Signing Up)
State / Province*
We promise not to solicit your information to anyone!