Cruise vs Land Vacation
Contrary to what some travelers may think, when you’re researching a cruise vs land vacation, cruises are generally a much more affordable way to travel in comparison to most land travels. In addition to having plenty of destinations to choose from, your luxury cruise ship is your floating resort with all the extras that you could ever hope for!
Because there is so much to do on-board a cruise ship, oftentimes travelers think that taking advantage of all the various amenities like world-class dining options, comedy shows, musical concerts and activities will cost them extra. This couldn’t be further from the truth! In fact, cruising includes almost everything.
Your cruise fare includes:
- Your stateroom (with your own bathroom): Yep, no need to worry about hotel prices, your stateroom is included!
- Many delicious dining options (including room service). Land vacations tend to get very expensive because you have to pay for all your meals. Aboard a cruise ship meals are included in your fare price.
- Various entertainment options. Take in a Broadway style show, see a movie, or just indulge in a luxurious hot-tub under the stars.
- Childcare during the day (so you can relax while they play!) Not to mention, most cruise lines offer entertainment for the kids that is age group specific.
However, there are a few things that are not included in your cruise fare that you might want to set a budget aside for. These include:
- Alcohol, specialty drinks, soda. However, you may purchase a drink package at a flat rate to have these items unlimited on your cruise.
- Specialty restaurants. Some of the restaurants aboard your cruise ship may charge extra. The price is usually between $10-50 per person.
- Shore Excursions. If a helicopter ride over the Hawaiian volcanoes has always been on your bucket list, your CruiseExperts.com travel advisor can arrange that for you, but it will cost extra.
- Gratuity. Like most restaurants today, a tip will be charged for the ship’s staff.
To learn more about how to determine your best value for your buck- cruise vs land vacation, contact our knowledgeable and friendly agents at CruiseExperts.com. All of our travel agents are Cruise Line International Association-accredited and will help answer any questions you may have. Call us today at 1-888-804-CRUISE (2784) or visit our website, www.CruiseExperts.com. Sign up for our email newsletter Inner Circle for exclusive offers and last minute cruise deals. Be the first to know about upcoming cruise specials. Join today!
For more cruise tips and advice, check out these previous blogs:
Kimberly Wheeler joined the team at CruiseExperts.com in September 2014. Her role as a Social Media Marketer is to pass on the expertise of the agency to help travelers understand the world of cruising through blogging. Kimberly has an extensive background in Public Relations and Marketing and a passion for engaging the public. She received her Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication and Journalism with an option in Public Relations from Fresno State University in May 2014.