5 Things Kids Love about Cruising
- Free Ice-cream/soft serve: You read it right! Majority of the major cruise lines have this feature and your kids will love you for it. Ask one of our cruise advisors at CruiseExperts.com to make sure you are booking your cruise on a cruise line that has this accommodation if you’re cruising with kids.
- Character Surprises: Who doesn’t love Disney Cruise Line’s amazing characters? Your kid is bound to be ecstatic to see the cast of Frozen or Mickey Mouse but other cruise lines also feature a character line up for kids. Norwegian for one offers characters from Nickelodeon, my youngest would be over the moon to see SpongeBob in action! On Royal Caribbean you can meet the characters from DreamWorks like Shrek or Kung Fu Panda. On Carnival you can read with Dr.Suess!
- Age Based Programs: Majority of the major cruise lines make sure the kids can play while the parents relax. From toddler schools to teen clubs your kids will be begging you to check them into the programs. For the most part these are all free but make sure and sign them up early as space is limited. Call your cruise advisor at CruiseExperts.com for a list of what is offered on your cruise line.
- Activities: This is the money maker my friends! I have 5 kids so every time we go to an amusement park it’s outrageous in cost! On a cruise line the amusement is free! You can experience everything from rock wall climbing to on-board water parks and even ice skating! It’s seriously like being at an amusement park. My kids can’t get enough of the action. One will be on a surf simulator while the other is playing miniature golf and yet another at the video game center. There is seriously something for every age group to enjoy.
- Excursions: What better way to give your kids an experience of a lifetime than doing an excursion while docked at your cruise port? Scuba dive at the barrier reef, swim with dolphins in the Caribbean, go dog sledding in Alaska. When your kids come home from an adventure like that they will be the envy of all of their piers!
If you are looking for the perfect vacation with your family look no further! Call the CruiseExperts.com today at 1-888-804-CRUISE (2784) and we will find the perfect cruise for you and your family. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook and join our InnerCircle for more great savings!
Kimberly Wheeler joined the team at CruiseExperts.com in September 2014. Her role as a Social Media Marketer is to pass on the expertise of the agency to help travelers understand the world of cruising through blogging. Kimberly has an extensive background in Public Relations and Marketing and a passion for engaging the public. She received her Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication and Journalism with an option in Public Relations from Fresno State University in May 2014.