Exciting Kids Programs Aboard Celebrity Cruise Line
There is something for everyone aboard Celebrity Cruise Line. Their complimentary Fun Factory is split into age groups and has several activities for all ages. Fun Factory hours are from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. every day. Children must be potty trained to participate and be signed in and out by an adult 18 or over if the child is 8 or under.
- Shipmates: For ages 3-5. Your little shipmate may enjoy a ball pit, t-shirt making, or maybe even some dancing and musical games
- Cadets: The Cadets are geared for kids ages 6-8. Some activities you may find with the Cadets are relay races, arts and crafts, or even a talent show.
- Ensigns: The Ensigns are for children 9-11. Their home base is in the Fun Factory but often makes use of other venues on the ship. Ensigns are allowed to sign themselves in and out unless otherwise indicated on their parental consent form. However, after 10 p.m. Ensigns will require an adult to sign them out. Activities as an Ensign may include pool Olympics, sports activities, or maybe a late night teen dance party.
- X Club: Teens from ages 12-17 can hang out in the teens X Club. Here they can enjoy an arcade, fitness activities, or partake in some dancing during a dance party.
- Toddler Time: For children under 3 years old or for those who are not potty trained, parents can still take advantage of Toddler Time. During select times each day parents can accompany their children to Toddler Time. Toddler Time is equipped with age appropriate toys and is an excellent place for toddlers and their parents to engage.
- Party Time: Celebrity offers Party Time to accommodate families while the ship is in port and during the evening hours. They are split into three groups and cost $6 an hour per child. The Lunch Party is from 12-2 p.m. During this time your children can have their lunch with the staff and enjoy afternoon play. You must pre-register for the Lunch Party before 11:45 a.m. The same concepts apply to the dinner party but the hours are from 5-7 p.m. Lastly they offer the Slumber Party from 10 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. for children ages 3-11. It should be noted that if you are late a $20 fee will apply at 1 a.m. and if you stroll in after 2 a.m. the late fee will be $25.
- I.P Kids Passes: This is a great deal if you are planning to have your child participate in the Party Times or any of the extra youth program activities. With the V.I.P passes you can get over 40% off some of these extras. Pass holders also receive a special goodie bag and have access to exclusive events. Prices vary on the V.I.P passes but they are usually between $75 to $100 dollars.
- Babysitting Services: Looking for a night out? Celebrity has you covered! Not only do they offer their Party Time services but you can take advantage of private in-stateroom babysitting services as well. Children must be at least 12 months old. The fee is $19 for up to three children from the same family. To take advantage of Celebrities babysitting service you must register at least 24 hours in advance.
- iTake Video Project: This complimentary program is sure to be a huge hit with many teenagers. The iTake Video Project is available on all Celebrity ships with a ilounge and takes approximately 4 hour to complete. iTake gives your teenager the opportunity to direct and edit their own video with state of art equipment. Prizes will be awarded in each film category at the X Club Film Festival.
- Xbox Experience at Sea: Celebrity has one of the largest digital game experiences at sea with Xbox. You can choose to play alone or with others in one of Celebrities gaming theme nights or you can join an Xbox tournament. They even offer programming for the adults for those who are really just kids at heart!
- Other kid favorites aboard Celebrity: Other favorites aboard Celebrity include lawn games, outside sports, and my personal favorite Pool Volleyball!
We want you and your family to LOVE your vacation and ensure your child has a BOATLOAD of fun! Call a CruiseExperts.com travel advisor today at 1-888-804-CRUISE(2784) with any questions you may have about cruising with children. You can also visit our website at www.CruiseExperts.com.
Join our Inner Circle or “Like” us on Facebook
Kimberly Wheeler joined the team at CruiseExperts.com in September 2014. Her role as a Social Media Marketer is to pass on the expertise of the agency to help travelers understand the world of cruising through blogging. Kimberly has an extensive background in Public Relations and Marketing and a passion for engaging the public. She received her Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication and Journalism with an option in Public Relations from Fresno State University in May 2014.