Solo Cruisers: 6 Reasons to go on a Cruise Alone
To all solo cruisers out there, find the best cruises for solo travelers!
Whether you are seeking rest and relaxation or prefer solo adventures, there are many reasons to go on a cruise alone for your next journey. While there are cruises specifically for singles, here we discuss the advantages of solo cruisers on regular vacations that cater to everyone. Cruises are literally available for every personality type, whether you love large ships with just about every amenity or smaller riverboats that truly cater to your every whim. Destination choices are extensive as well, from the breathtaking scenery of Alaska and the clear waters of the Caribbean, to riverboat adventures of Europe that will transport you through history-rich rivers and towns.
For solo cruisers wondering if they will meet other unaccompanied travelers on their journey, CLIA, the Cruise Lines International Association provides some interesting insight. According to CLIA, there has been an increase in solo travelers over the past few years. In addition, Baby Boomers account for approximately 50 percent of cruise passengers, and upwards of ten percent of cruise passengers travel solo.
If the idea of a vacation to you means being surrounded by water, then consider these six reasons to go on a cruise alone:
- Single Rooms are Becoming More Commonplace – In the past, solo cruisers weren’t as excited to jump onboard as many cruise trips required a single passenger to purchase a room meant for two people. Today, as the number of solo travelers is increasing, many cruiselines have added single cabins.
- Meet New People Everyday – One of the best reasons to go on a cruise is the fact that you can meet new people every day either on the ship or in port. In addition, if you feel like being completely alone, you can do as you please considering you have no travel buddies you need to entertain.
- Make Your Own Schedule – Every day is an adventure when traveling alone. You can do what you want, when you want it, whether it is relaxing at the pool, exploring a port excursion or ordering room service and lounging on your cabin’s balcony.
- Enjoy New Entertainment Each Night – Being on your own affords you the opportunity to eat where you want onboard each night and taking in whichever show grabs your attention.
- Save Money as a Single – With the abundance of new singular cabins, solo cruisers can expect to save some cash with many cruiselines waving the “single supplement.”
- Enjoy Easier Travel – There are so many logistics involved when flying to different destinations, arranging transportation, hotel transfers, excursions and more. With cruising, everything is all in one place. Just get to the ship, unpack and enjoy your trip. Cruiseline staff is extremely helpful in assisting you with excursions and specific accommodations.
If an exciting adventure sounds good to you, it may be time to start researching the best cruises for solo travelers. Cruiselines such as Norwegian, Carnival, Cunard, Queen Elizabeth and Crystal cruises are known for their single cabins and catering to those who prefer to travel on their own. To find the best solo cruise for your travel desires, call CruiseExperts.com today at 1-888-804-CRUISE (2784). Don’t forget to like us on Facebook and join our InnerCircle for exclusive offers and cruise news you can use! Also, check out our new Resource Center, where you can receive expert knowledge from us before your next cruise or cruisetour!
Our team of cruise consultants and support staff, based in Central California, counts nearly a century of combined talent, knowledge, and enthusiasm in the travel industry. We’re not just another internet upstart; our seasoned team has gained the trust and business of thousands of satisfied cruise and land vacation customers from all over the country since 1995. We ARE the original Cruise Experts.