New France River Cruises Through Bordeaux
One of the best French river cruises along the Bordeaux region awaits you at www.CruiseExperts.com
Have you been exploring France river cruises but are having difficulty narrowing down your choice? Why not take a cruise off the beaten path that offers a unique vineyard experience, unlike Danube or Rhine river cruise itineraries? Thanks to a partnership between Australian-owned APT and AmaWaterways, anyone obsessed with all things French can consider an unforgettable weeklong cruise on the waters of Bordeaux. That’s right, the stunning Bordeaux region recently opened passage for river cruising to take place. This is great news for those who consider themselves true wine connoisseurs, as Bordeaux is undoubtedly one of the world’s top wine capitals.
What is sure to be one of the best French river cruise experiences, guests will board AmaWaterway’s luxury vessel, the AmaDolce. Built in 2009, the AmaDolce is comprised of 74 staterooms and three suites, and can carry 148 passengers. This wine-loving expedition will immerse guests in numerous tasting excursions and experiences in addition to distinctive sightseeing opportunities. Cruising from Bordeaux will surely be a different venture than the popular Danube and Rhine river cruises. Waters on the Dordogne, Gironde and Garonne are sensitive and more complex when it comes to navigation. Unlike other river cruises, the distance between port cities on this weeklong adventure is shorter and scenery is mostly comprised of lush vineyards or wetlands. In addition, the rivers and waterways in this region are wide, giving guests a vast skyline to marvel and photograph.
Best French river cruises companies such as AmaWaterways are known for offering their wine-loving guests sensational vineyard and tasting opportunities, and this cruise kicks it up a notch. Let’s take a closer look at what you can encounter on this France river cruise:
- Enjoy an extravagant welcome dinner with fellow guests when you board your luxury vessel in Bordeaux. Next, set sail for Cadillac, an area famous for white wines. Here you can taste numerous sweet wines and explore the notable Roquetaillade Castle, retained over hundreds of year by the same highborn family.
- From Cadillac you will travel to Pauillac and Blaye, where you will have your choice of numerous excursions. Experience wine tastings consisting of renowned Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon grape species, explore the beautiful village of Pauillac, take part in a Blaye bike tour or Bourg wine festival, visit a 17th century citadel and UNESCO World Heritage Site and more.
- Next, it is time to sail into Libourne, the winemaking capital. Nearby you can experience some of Bordeaux’s most prominent wine districts, Pomerol and Saint Emilion. While in Libourne, take part in a wine tasting or stop by one of Saint Emilion’s underground churches. Before spending the night in this breathtaking capital city, it will be time to feast at the Captain’s Gala dinner reception.
- Towards the end of the remarkable France river cruise, you will have the opportunity to tour the glorious Chateau Vayres situated along the Dordogne River. Wine-tasting adventures await you as well as a trip to an exquisite architectural masterpiece, a 14th century castle.
- Your final day consists of exploring and enjoying the sophisticated city of Bordeaux. There are over 360 monuments to discover in addition to a wine museum, bridges, notable squares, bike tours and more. Tonight, prepare for a farewell dinner feast aboard your luxury vessel with fellow guests.
Isn’t it time to enjoy one of the best French river cruises available? If you are ready to set sail, let the experts at www.CruiseExperts.com find the best itinerary for you on AmaWaterways. Call us today at 1-888-804-CRUISE (2784). And, don’t forget to like us on Facebook and join our InnerCircle for exclusive offers and cruise news you can use! Also, check out our new Resource Center, where you can receive expert knowledge from us before your next cruise or cruisetour.