Top 7 things to do in Sydney, Australia during your cruise
Looking for things to do in Sydney? Let the experts at CruiseExperts.com help you plan your itinerary.
Sydney is considered one of the most popular port of call cities when taking a cruise to the land Down Under. Not only is it Australia’s biggest metropolis, but it is also chock full of attractions and activities fit for any age. Prepare to see the city’s famous blue harbor, stunning skyscrapers, the notable Opera House, a plethora of cafes, upscale shopping venues, and breathtaking scenery. Of course, there are many more things to do in Sydney than those, which is why we have put together a list of seven things to do in Sydney. So pack your bags, grab your passport and add a few of the following excursions in Sydney, Australia to your travel “to-do” list:
- Tackle a Wild Bridge Climb – If you are an adventure-seeker wondering what to do in Sydney, Australia on a cruise, the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb may be right for you. Seeing the city’s famed harbor is typically on everyone’s wish list, but you want to get the best view possible of the area, right? Then embark on this 3.5-hour quest that will outfit you in a bridge harness and suit and take you along the famous Harbour Bridge. While it does sound wild and crazy, this venture is actually safe and slow enough for people of varying fitness levels and ages. You just need to be an adventurer at heart!
- Take Flight – Another amazing way to see this breathtaking city is by taking flight in one of Sydney’s helicopter tours. There are many companies that offer this service and most flights range from two to two and a half hours. Make sure to bring your camera, as you won’t want to miss photographing the jaw-dropping coastline, Blue Mountains, the infamous harbour, and the bustling city itself.
- Explore Your Love for Art – If art and culture are more your speed, and you love to discover new talent across the globe, be sure to check out the art scene in Sydney. For lovers of contemporary work, stop by the Museum of Contemporary Art. If you want to dig deep into Aboriginal, Australian and Asian works, take an excursion over to the Art Gallery of New South Wales. If technology and art is more your speed, visit Powerhouse – the largest museum in Australia.
- Discover the Beautiful Beaches – Top excursions in Sydney, Australia typically include the majestic beaches. Bondi Beach is the most famous, loaded with cafes, stores and incredible restaurants. Manly requires a 30-minute ferry ride but is a top spot for parasailing, windsurfing, and bicycle tours.
- Tour the Noted Opera House – Perhaps one of the most recognized structures in the world is Sydney’s Opera House. Take part in a walking tour where you can hear entertaining stories and explore areas typically off limits. Some tour options even include a culinary tasting experience at the Opera Kitchen!
- Get Up Close with Animals – If you are looking for things to do in Syndey with children, a trip to Taronga Zoo should definitely be on your list. Specific zoo-keeper tours will allow you behind the scenes where you can experience up close and personal animal encounters not available with regular admission. Hand feed kangaroos, take a selfie with a wombat and enjoy dozens of other Australian wildlife.
- Walk in the Clouds – Ready to see Sydney from a different perspective? Enjoy the Sydney Skywalk, a high-rise outdoor adventure that takes you almost 900 feet into the air. There you will be attached to safety lines and guided onto a glass floor platform that gives you incredible views in every direction from the Blue Mountains to the Pacific Ocean. Tours typically last 90 minutes and offer you a certificate of Skywalk Completion!
With so many exciting options, there is no reason to worry about what to do in Sydney, Australia when on a cruise. This is just a sampling, and depending on your interests, dozens of other excursions are also available. Certain cruiselines also offer unique excursions not available through any other company.
Speak to the experts at www.CruiseExperts.com today to learn more things to do in Sydney during your cruise. Contact us at 1-888-804-CRUISE (2784). Don’t forget to like us on Facebook and join our InnerCircle for exclusive offers and cruise news you can use! Also, check out our new Resource Center, where you can receive expert knowledge from us before your next cruise or cruisetour!
Our team of cruise consultants and support staff, based in Central California, counts nearly a century of combined talent, knowledge, and enthusiasm in the travel industry. We’re not just another internet upstart; our seasoned team has gained the trust and business of thousands of satisfied cruise and land vacation customers from all over the country since 1995. We ARE the original Cruise Experts.