Top 5 Best Cruise Lines for Solo Travelers
Looking for one person cruise deals? Find current specials today.
While it may seem cruise lines cater to couple or family travellers, you might be surprised to learn that many lines around the world are stepping up their game in the world of solo cruisers. Solo applies to the traveler who is comfortable with going it alone, and it doesn’t always mean the person is single. Many solo travellers are those who desire adventure and exploring but may have a partner who can’t travel because of work or other reasons. Even as a solo voyager, there are many ways to meet and mingle with others on your vacation, connect and create lasting friendships. Plus, with so many solo cruise 2017 vacation options, finding an itinerary that piques your interest won’t be difficult. Here are five of the best cruise lines for solo travellers that may have the dream vacation you are looking for:
- Norwegian Cruise Line – Solo cruising takes on a whole new meaning aboard the stunning Norwegian Epic. This ship was built with solo men and women in mind, crafted with 128 studio cabins that are designed and priced for those venturing off on their own. You’ll get a full sized bed, bathroom, flat screen TV, and exclusive access to the Studio Lounge, a shared space with coffee, a bartender, TV’s and more.
- Holland Cruise Line – Holland is known for creating plenty of activities and programs that would interest the solo traveller. Try a wine and cuisine tasting, culinary/cooking class, an exercise course, or a variety of workshops. The cruise line also offers its Single Partner’s Program, which helps match guests of the same sex who do not mind sharing a room. If they can’t find the right match for you, you are guaranteed to only pay the double occupancy price. On cruises of 30 days or longer, Holland also offers onboard Social Hosts who can accompany women guests to dinner and dancing.
- Crystal Cruises – This luxury line has built a solid reputation for catering to solo travellers and offering attractive one person cruise deals. Up to 15 percent of passengers aboard Crystal ships are typically solo cruisers, and the line offers creative workshops, language classes, and singles’ parties. Plus, there are programs in place to allow solo travellers dine together at different onboard restaurants. Last, Crystal typically adds only 25 – 50 percent for staterooms booked to solo cruisers, considerably less than other cruise lines.
- Avalon Waterways – Avalon river cruises offer a unique way to travel the great rivers of this country, exploring itineraries and regions that large cruise ships cannot access. River cruises offer a more intimate atmosphere and phenomenal off-ship walking or educational tours, ideal for the solo traveller. Plus, Avalon waives the cabin single supplement fee on select river cruises for those traveling alone.
- Viking River Cruises – Known for its breathtaking and distinct cruises on the Rhine, Danube, Rhone and more, Viking offers luxury and plenty of space to spread out for solo travellers. Stunning river cruise vessels are combined with unique itineraries and time to spend however you choose. Plus, Viking often offers reduced Single Traveler supplement fees and reduced airfare. Speak to an experienced Viking agent at CruiseExpert.com to learn more about their solo cruises 2017 specials.
There are many pros to traveling solo – you have complete freedom over how you spend each day, you can meet new people at a variety of single-themed activities and more. Plus, many lines offer the “Find a Partner” program that helps connects solo travelers of the same sex who might want to share a cabin to reduce costs.
To learn more about the best cruise lines for solo travellers, visit www.CruiseExperts.com. Visit www.CruiseExperts.com or contact us directly at 1-888-804-CRUISE (2784) to learn more. And, don’t forget to like us on Facebook and join our InnerCircle for exclusive offers and cruise news you can use! Also, check out our new Resource Center, where you can receive expert knowledge from us before your next cruise or cruisetour!