Best Last Minute Fall Foliage 2017 Cruises
Fall in the Northeast is a spectacular showcase of autumn hues of gold, orange, red and purple. It is also prime time for “leaf-pepping” or taking in the fall foliage. While some choose to experience this color explosion by car or train, fall foliage 2017 cruises are the best way to witness this change in scenery and visit popular ports of call.
One of the most beloved seasons of the year, fall is perfect for anyone who loves a slight chill in the air, some outdoor hiking, and enjoying a warm tea while gazing at the colorful foliage. New England just happens to be one of the top spots to see these color changes and numerous cruise lines sail through this area to offer leaf peeping expeditions to their guests.
If you are ready to book a 2017 fall foliage cruise to try your hand a leaf peeping, there are some things to keep in mind before you embark:
- Pick prime time – Did you know September and October are some of the best months to enjoy the change in color that occurs in fall? Many cruise lines will venture off to places like Boston, New York, Montreal and Quebec to enjoy all the glory of autumn. You can enjoy search online for a fall foliage prediction map that will help you discover the best times to sail.
- Bring clothing appropriate for layering – Depending on your ports of call, there may be a chill in the air. Plus, the Northeast is known for getting substantial temperature drops between afternoon and evening – sometimes as much as 20 to 30 degrees. Dress in layers and remember to bring a pair of close-toed shoes.
- Enjoy whale watching – Did you know the Northern Atlantic is full of humpback whales that usually stay in the area through October? Book a fall foliage 2017 New England cruise and enjoy some whale watching in addition to the change in colors.
- Embrace fall – Different than summer time getaways, fall foliage 2017 cruises are spectacular in their own right. Enjoy hot chocolate in the evening, some time in the hot tub, warm soup, and snuggling under a cozy blanket while on your trip.
Are you ready to take advantage of this season’s incredible scenery? There are countless cruises that are going to take advantage of this year’s colors. Here are a few to consider:
- 7 Day Eastern US and Canada – Enjoy seven amazing days on the Norwegian Dawn with this September 2017 fall foliage cruise. With stops in Quebec City, Boston, Halifax and more, you can enjoy a leaf peeping paradise from the deck of a beautiful ship.
- 14 Day Eastern Canada and US – Take in the sights of autumn on the luxury cruiseliner Seabourn Quest. Kicking off your trip in Montreal, you will visit Quebec City, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Bar Harbor, and many other places. Taking place in mid-October, you will enjoy plenty of eye-catching scenery.
- 7 Day Eastern US and Canada – Relax and take in the fall sights with Norwegian Cruise Line’s Norwegian Dawn. Taking off in Boston, you will visit Halifax, Nova Scotia, Maine and more on this fall foliage 2017 New England Cruise.
Are you ready to enjoy the incredible leaf peeping opportunities that can only be found in fall? Let a skilled agent at www.CruiseExperts.com find the perfect date and itinerary for you. Visit www.CruiseExperts.com or contact us directly at 1-888-804-CRUISE (2784) to learn more. And, don’t forget to like us on Facebook and join our InnerCircle for exclusive offers and cruise news you can use! Also, check out our new Resource Center, where you can receive expert knowledge from us before your next cruise or cruisetour!
Our team of cruise consultants and support staff, based in Central California, counts nearly a century of combined talent, knowledge, and enthusiasm in the travel industry. We’re not just another internet upstart; our seasoned team has gained the trust and business of thousands of satisfied cruise and land vacation customers from all over the country since 1995. We ARE the original Cruise Experts.