Best Way to See Alaska – Land or Cruise Tour, or Both!
An Alaskan trip is the vacation of a lifetime. With awe-inspiring, majestic glaciers, exciting excursions, and exotic wildlife, an Alaska trip can be a magical experience you will treasure for a lifetime. If you are visiting Alaska for the first time, you may be wondering whether booking a land tour, cruise tour, or both is the best way for you to experience this glorious state. Here are some tips to help you choose the best way to see Alaska to give you and your family the adventure of your dreams.
When you visit Alaska on a cruise, you spend your nights surrounded in luxurious comfort onboard the cruise ship, with a full set of amenities and modern conveniences at your disposal. You get to enjoy incredible views of Alaska glaciers and wildlife, visit a full list of ports, and go on exciting excursions, all while traveling in comfort and enjoying onboard amenities. Spa services, superb cuisine, a fitness room, and other modern conveniences are simply a short walk away. Other advantages of an Alaska cruise include:
- Northern Lights Alaska cruises allow you to experience the breathtaking sky display of the aurora borealis at its glorious best over the water, far from the lights of civilization.
- Packing chores are just one and done! You stay in the same stateroom or suite for your entire trip, without having to worry about packing or traveling between destinations.
- An Alaska cruise is the best way to view orca whales, humpbacks, sea lions, puffins, and other marine wildlife
- Want to experience a more intimate view of Alaska? Alaska small ship cruises take you to smaller, less travelled ports and bays that larger ships are unable to visit.
- Many ships travel at night to let you spend full days in port, embarking on adventurous excursions that can take you to meet real life adventurers and mountain climbers, interact with sled dogs and puppies, and more.
Guided Alaska land tours give you the chance to travel deep into the wildlands, to visit interior destinations such as Anchorage, Fairbanks, Denali National Park, and more. You can experience Alaska in an immediate way as you travel through the countryside on an Alaska land tour. If you are not sure whether Alaska cruise or land tours are for you, consider the following facts about Alaska land tours:
- When taking Alaska land tours, you can travel by railway train or motorcar, take a paddlewheel boat ride, or hop a flight into an Inner Passage village.
- You can visit historic inland sites, such as Dawson City, the center of the Klondike Gold Rush
- Travel with a large tour group, or go exploring with a small adventure group
- Nature guides and local experts will help you learn about the culture and people that make Alaska special
- You get to stay in rustic lodges where wildlife may stroll casually by your window
Alaska Cruise and Land Tour Packages
If you want to experience everything that Alaska has to offer, Alaska cruise and land tour packages
are your best bet. Alaska is such a large state that combining a cruise and land tour is really the best way to experience this vast wilderness. Alaska Cruise and Land tour packages combine the high-end luxury of a cruise with an adventurous exploration of the inland wilderness for an experience you will treasure forever.
- You get to do it all – Tour famous locales and visit hidden gems of the Alaskan wilderness
- Rest and relax as you enjoy the incredible scenery on your cruise, then get active as you travel to inland Alaska destinations
- Many cruise lines have exclusive private lodges in Denali National Park and other iconic Alaska wilderness getaways
- Some of the best-known cruise lines in the world offer Alaska Cruise and Land tour packages, including Holland America Line, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity
- Alaska Cruise and Land Tour Packages typically range from 10 to 20 days, combining 3-7 day cruises with exciting land explorations
Still not sure whether an Alaska Cruise, Alaska Land Tour, or Alaska cruise and land tour package (called a cruisetour) these are the same thing is ideal for you? CruiseExperts.com can help you decide on the best way to see Alaska to meet your travel expectations. Call CruiseExperts.com today at 1-888-804-CRUISE(2784) to book the Alaskan adventure of your dreams! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook and join our InnerCircle for exclusive offers and cruise news you can use. Also, check out our new Resource Center, where you can receive expert knowledge from us before your next cruise, land tour, or combo land and cruisetour!