Avalon’s New ‘Active Discovery’ Cruises Take European River Cruises to a New Level
European river cruises just got even more exciting thanks to Avalon’s new “Active Discovery” cruises!
Enjoy the unforgettable experience that is a European river cruise in an entirely new way, thanks to Avalon’s new active river cruise selections. The line’s “Active Discovery” cruises are now available, offering guests the chance to take their cruise vacation to new heights thanks to on and off-shore activities that match their desired activity level. Though you may long to relax in your signature Avalon panorama suite with open-air balcony, taking in the sights, there will undoubtedly be moments that you crave adventure.
Happy Traveler CommentWe would like to THANK Cesar for all of the hard work he put into making our trip to Hawaii a GREAT experience! He made sure our traveling ran smooth (and it did)! We can't wait to book another vacation with him! THANK YOU Cesar and ALOOOOHA!!! — Mia W.
Avalon’s Active Discovery cruises take place along three of Europe’s most famed rivers – the Danube (Eastbound and Westbound), the Rhine (Northbound and Southbound), and the Rhone (Northbound and Southbound). Unforgettable ports of call on these rivers include Budapest and Linz (along the Danube), Amsterdam and Mainz (along the Rhine), and Lyon and Arles (along the Rhone).
A variety of options on these select cruises give travelers a chance to enjoy their cruise the way they want. For example, foodies have a chance to explore cuisine in new and exciting ways when traveling on the Danube, such as sampling beer and cheese made by Trappist monks. History buffs and adventurers can enjoy attending a Medieval Knights Tournament at a Visegrád castle, taking a biking tour, or paddling canoes with fellow cruisers.
Depending on your preferred activity level, Avalon gives you three options to choose from on any cruise you book that is sailing along the Rhone, Rhine or Danube. The options include the classic, discovery, or active level:
- With the “classic” option, you will be paired with local guides who will accompany you to many historic locations in your port of call. Get ready to see incredible architecture and historic sites.
- Choosing the “discovery” option submerges you in interactive activities that are geared towards your interests, such as cooking classes, painting classes, or other workshops.
- When you choose the “active” option, get ready to embark on energetic options that will keep you moving throughout your vacation. Whether you are hiking, biking, paddling, or joggling your way through ports of call, one thing is for sure – you will have plenty of options to stay active!
Here are just a few more unique ways you can enjoy an upcoming Avalon active river cruise:
- Get Creative – If drawing, painting, or taking part in the art of cuisine are your favorite hobbies at home, why not also enjoy them while on your dream cruise vacation? All of this and more is available at your fingertips, thanks to Avalon. For cruisers sailing along the Rhone, enjoy time spent in Arles, the region that inspired Van Gogh. While there, try your artistic skills with a painting workshop. Or, if florals and scents excite you, why not try creating your own perfume with an excursion to Musée des Aromes et du Parfum in Avignon.
If you consider yourself more of a foodie at heart, you may want to plan your trip around the holidays, where you can learn how to bake gingerbread treats known as lebkuchen, popular German cookies, onboard with your vessel’s culinary team.
- Hiking and Biking – Cruising along the Danube, Rhine and Rhone offers miles and miles of scenic waterways, unlike any other in the world. These regions offer adventurous cruisers the opportunity to stay active. From European river cruise with bicycle tours, to canoeing and kayaking excursions, if exercising and being active is part of your normal routine, get ready to kick it up a notch during your cruise! Get ready for a variety of bicycle tours through national parks, along waterways, and around particular attractions or towns. Or, just grab a bike from your vessel’s Adventure Center and create your own memorable day!
- Relaxing – In the midst of adventure and exploration, you will likely have a moment when you want to relax…or do a unique low-key excursion. If you feel like relaxing onboard, consider finding a spot at the whirlpool-equipped Sky Deck, or bringing your favorite book and a drink to the Panorama Lounge. If you want to “relax” offshore, take in a concert at a castle, stroll through a vineyard, stop for a wine and cheese tasting, or do a little shopping in a quaint cobble-stoned town.
These are a just a few of the exciting things you can take advantage of on an upcoming Active Discovery European river cruise from Avalon. Not sure which Avalon active river cruise is right for you? Check out upcoming sailings, or speak with a skilled Avalon cruise agent travel advisor from CruiseExperts.com.
Visit CruiseExperts.com or call today at 1-888-804-CRUISE (2784). Don’t forget to like us on Facebook and join our InnerCircle for exclusive offers and cruise news you can use! Also, check out our new Resource Center, where you can receive expert knowledge from us before your next cruise or cruise tour!
Our team of cruise consultants and support staff, based in Central California, counts nearly a century of combined talent, knowledge, and enthusiasm in the travel industry. We’re not just another internet upstart; our seasoned team has gained the trust and business of thousands of satisfied cruise and land vacation customers from all over the country since 1995. We ARE the original Cruise Experts.