Events and Theme Cruises 2020: Discover the Best Events to Cruise To
There are plenty of events to cruise to and enjoy in 2020.
Now is the time to make your plans for special theme cruises 2020. Exciting events are taking place around the world, and cruise lines are taking travelers to many of them.
Have you dreamed of attending the Monaco Grand Prix, Melbourne Cup, Oberammergau Passion Play, British Open, or the Cannes Film Festival? You can cruise to all these events and more. Theme cruises 2020 will be heading to Scotland, Australia, Monaco, France, New Orleans LA, Great Britain, and other thrilling destinations where famous annual events are taking place.
Not all cruise lines sail to the same events, but here at CruiseExperts.com, we have all the information you need to book a cruise to the special event you’ve dreamed of attending.
The Best 2020 Events To Cruise To
If you enjoy sporting events, racing, history, cultural festivals and celebrations, and more, a themed cruise will meet all your expectations and beyond. Take a look at the following theme cruises 2020 to find your next dream vacation, and then call us at 1.888.804.CRUISE (2784).
• Carnival – Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – Beginning February 21, 2020, “Carnival” one of the most exciting festival’s in the world begins. Adorned in beautiful and elaborate costumes and masks, partiers take to the streets to celebrate Shrovetide (pre-Lent) with parades, parties, and a variety of entertainment. Call us to find out information on cruises to take you to Carnival.
• Mardi Gras – New Orleans, Louisiana – February 25, 2020 is the Mardi Gras celebration of the pre-Lent season. G-rated parades feature elaborate floats filled with costumed celebrants who throw beads, toys, and other trinkets to onlookers. Elegant balls are a hallmark of the traditional celebration. The French Quarter is full of revelers at night, and x-rated activity is common.
• Cannes Film Festival – Cannes, France (French Riviera) – May 12 to 23 in 2020. For over 70 years the Cannes Film Festival has drawn international stars and celebrities to participate in the star-studded events on the red carpet of the Palais des Festivals. Visitors flock to the Allée des Étoiles (Walk of Stars) to see the hand prints of 150 stars. Boulevard de la Croisette is lined with elegant boutiques, palatial hotels, and soft sandy beaches.
• Oberammergau Passion Play – Oberammergau, Germany – May through October of 2020 The Passion Play was first performed in 1634 following a desperate plea to God to end the plague that was claiming lives all over Europe. Villagers from Oberammergau told God when the plague would end, that they would re-enact the suffering, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ in an elaborate Passion Play. The plague ended, and the villagers kept their promise. Once every decade the play is performed with over 2,000 participants.
• Formula One’s Monaco Grand Prix – Circuit de Monaco – May 21 to 24 of 2020 – Racing enthusiasts come from around the world to the Formula One World Championship. Since 1929, this race weekend has drawn the rich and famous and the tourists who want to see the race, the drivers, and the extravagance displayed by millionaires and billionaires in attendance. The Circuit de Monaco is a street circuit laid out on the city streets of Monte Carlo and La Condamine.
• The British Open – Royal St. George’s, England – July 12 through 19, 2020 – Officially titled The Open Championship, this is golf’s oldest tournament and very prestigious. This is the tournament golf fans dream of attending, and a popular cruise destination in July. It takes place at Royal St. George’s along the Kent coastline of England.
• Summer Olympics – Tokyo, Japan – Tokyo National Stadium – July 24 to August 9, 2020 – Imagine being among the 10 million fans descending on Tokyo for the 2020 Summer Olympics. You can make that dream come true by booking a cruise heading to this great sporting event. Summer Olympics competitions include sailing, swimming, tennis, badminton, beach volleyball, and more totaling over 30 sports.
Our team of cruise consultants and support staff, based in Central California, counts nearly a century of combined talent, knowledge, and enthusiasm in the travel industry. We’re not just another internet upstart; our seasoned team has gained the trust and business of thousands of satisfied cruise and land vacation customers from all over the country since 1995. We ARE the original Cruise Experts.