Newest Norwegian Cruise Ships: Norwegian Encore is Christened by Kelly Clarkson
The features on Norwegian’s Encore cruise ship are nearly endless.
The newest Norwegian cruise ships include the Encore Breakaway-Plus class ship which accommodates close to 5,000 guests. The beautiful new ship was recently christened at PortMiami with superstar Kelly Clarkson being named the ship’s godmother.
The exciting event honored the spirit of the Encore with lots of entertainment. Dignitaries, Norwegian Cruise Line executives, as well as travel agents and the media were in attendance. Champagne and snacks were plentiful, and the evening continued with an outstanding fireworks display. The Encore will split its home ports between New York and Miami.
The Newest Norwegian Cruise Ships
There are plenty of reasons to be excited about the Encore, the latest of the newest Norwegian cruise ships. In addition to all the newest innovations and amenities for its guests, Norwegian is proud to state that the Encore is the first large cruise ship to totally eliminate the availability of single-use plastic bottles.
There is an abundance of dining options, twenty-nine to be exact. Guests can choose to enjoy any of 72 kinds of beer from over 20 bars. On top of the list for new restaurants is Onda by Scarpetta. Onda is Italian for “wave” and Scarpetta is Miami’s award-winning Italian restaurant. This is the first cruise ship venture for this well-loved restaurant.
Additionally, Encore will feature some of the very popular restaurants from other ships in the Breakaway Plus class including:
• Q – Authentic Texas smoked BBQ menu
• Los Lobos – Premium Mexican dining
• The Local Bar and Grill – 24-hour pub fare
• American Diner – The best of American comfort food
• Coco’s – Delicious sweets and chocolates
• Food Republic – A blend of Mediterranean, Asian, and Central European dishes
• Le Bistro – Excellent French cuisine
• Ocean Blue – Fresh seafood
• Cagney’s Steakhouse – Choice cuts of premium Black Angus beef from Hartley Ranch
• Teppanyaki – Norwegian’s insanely popular Hibachi grill
• Dolce Gelato – For the best in premium ice cream
• The Bake Shop – French-style bakery with macarons, bonbons, and cupcakes
• Starbucks® – Coffee beverages and pastries
The main dining rooms include The Manhattan Room, Taste, Savor, Garden Café Buffet and have no fixed seating times. The Haven Restaurant is a private dining room for guests staying in the Haven suites. Signature bars include the Cellars, Malting’s Whiskey Bar, Sugarcane Mojito Bar, Vido Beach Club, The District Brew House (24 beers on tap), and Wynwood Brewery (and 50+ bottled beers from around the world).
Our team of cruise consultants and support staff, based in Central California, counts nearly a century of combined talent, knowledge, and enthusiasm in the travel industry. We’re not just another internet upstart; our seasoned team has gained the trust and business of thousands of satisfied cruise and land vacation customers from all over the country since 1995. We ARE the original Cruise Experts.