What’s Included in a Cruise Vacation?
With an abundance of cruise lines and ship options, it’s hard to remember what’s included.
The words “taking a cruise” is exciting, but many people don’t know what’s included in a cruise. The basic cruise price includes many items that make it a practical vacation choice. Your cabin, onboard meals, most entertainment, most activities, and your transportation from port-to-port is all included in the cruise cost. The more expensive suites may include greater amenities and options such as private dining rooms and spa privileges.
Happy Traveler CommentCecily - Thank you so much for all you did to make our trip to Kauai and Hawaii so special. From start to finish it was perfect. You helped to make our 50th Anniversary of our first date everything we dreamed it would be! — Gloria and Melvin
Take a Look at What’s Included in a Cruise
Taking a cruise may be one of the most budget-friendly vacations you’ll ever find. Your cruise fare covers so many of your expenses it can make your vacation dollars go further.
- The first thing that’s included in the cost is the actual travel from port-to-port and country-to-country. Imagine what plane fare would cost if you had to fly to five or more cities on your vacation.
- The second major cost is your accommodations. When you opt for a cruise vacation, your stateroom or suite is included in the cost. You can choose an economical room or an extra-luxurious one with a balcony.
- The third major cost of a vacation is the cost of three meals a day. Your cruise fare includes all your meals eaten onboard. There is at least one main dining room (often two), a buffet, and some snack bars with burgers or pizzas that are included in your cost. Optional select restaurants cost additional. Some beverages are included with meals, and some cruise lines allow passengers to bring a specific amount of their own drinks with them. Most people prefer to buy a beverage package for a daily fee.
- Entertainment on your vacation is the fourth major expense. On a cruise, there is top-notch entertainment every night. Some cruise lines provide Broadway-caliber shows such as Mama Mia – Royal Caribbean, Jersey Boys – Norwegian Cruise Line, Tangled, the Musical – Disney Cruise, and the Secret Silk – Princess Cruises (adapted from the “Grateful Crane”). Lovers of Shakespeare can enjoy hour-long versions of plays such as “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” and “Romeo and Juliet. Plays are performed by the actors from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts.
- Add to all that, a bevy of daytime activities for adults and children. Depending on the cruise line you choose, you can enjoy waterslides, swimming pools and hot tubs, miniature golf, volleyball, basketball, and or even a go-kart race track.
Our team of cruise consultants and support staff, based in Central California, counts nearly a century of combined talent, knowledge, and enthusiasm in the travel industry. We’re not just another internet upstart; our seasoned team has gained the trust and business of thousands of satisfied cruise and land vacation customers from all over the country since 1995. We ARE the original Cruise Experts.