What are the best things to do on a Hawaiian cruise to Maui?
The island of Maui has two ports–Kahului and Lahaina
There are plenty of reasons why Maui has been voted “Best Island” by readers of Conde Nast Traveler for nineteen years. From its heavenly beaches to its scenic natural wonders, you’ll be enthralled by its peaceful beauty. Once your ship docks in Kahului, you’ll want to take advantage of these attractions and activities:
1. Haleakala National Park. Hike or bike to the top of Haleakala Crater, also known as “House of the Rising Sun”.
2. Iao Valley State Park. Just a short drive away you’ll find short trails with beautiful views.
3. The road to Hana. It’s a beautiful drive that passes by gorgeous waterfalls and over 54 bridges.
4. Visit the Maui Ocean Center to see life under the water without getting wet.
6. Dolphin Watch. Take a boat from Lanai for a snorkel adventure to see the dolphins up close.
7. Helicopter Ride. See all the most popular sights including Molokini Crater, Crater Rainbow, or Hana.
8. Biking or Hiking. There are many bicycle trails of all levels, including one that is downhill only. Hike through the rainforest and discover the hidden waterfalls
9. Fly across the rainforest at Flyin Hawaiian Zipline.
NOTE: Not all cruise ships make a port stop in Lahaina because, even though they are on opposite sides of the island, it is a narrow distance between ports and most activities on Maui can be done from either port.
If your ship also stops in Lahaina, you might want to check out these excursions in addition to those above:
2. Whale Watching. You can choose whale watching tours that specialize in different interests, such as a photo safari for photographers, and a sunrise cruise.
3. Guided Snorkel Cruise. Find the ocean’s hidden treasures on Maui’s beautiful reefs.
4. Sport Fishing. If you’re a fisherman, go sport fishing for marlin, ono, mahi, ahi and spearfish.
6. Rent a BOB. BOB’s Underwater Scooter Adventure has new, high-tech Breathing Observation Bubbles (BOB) underwater scooters.
7. Rent a Catamaran. Explore the ocean on a catamaran and do your own thing out at sea – swim, snorkel, sunbathe or just relax.
8. Explore Lahaina on a Segway – on your own or on a guided tour.
9. Hiking. Hike through the rainforest and discover the hidden waterfalls.
Join our Inner Circle or “Like” us on Facebook
Sign up to be a part of our Inner Circle or “like” us on Facebook to get the best deals on Hawaiian cruise vacations. We’ll help you plan all your shore excursions too. Or, if you’re looking for another destination, such as an Alaskan Cruise Tour or maybe a European River Cruise, give us a call! 1-888-804-CRUIse(2784) or www.CruiseExperts.com.
Save big on your Hawaii cruise with our Price Advantage Alerts! CruiseExperts.com has secured these low prices a year or two in advance to deliver exclusive cruise deals. By shopping from CruiseExperts.com you are guaranteed to get the lowest prices. Explore our Hawaii Price Advantage Alerts now!
Linda Brandt joined the team at CruiseExperts.com in November 2011. She has been working with the marketing team in many capacities. Her new role is to pass on the expertise of the agency to help travelers understand the world of cruising through blogging. She studied journalism and writing in college and was a writer for The Campus newspaper for two years at the College of the Sequoias. She is also currently working on her Bachelor’s degree.