Quantum of the Seas is an amazing experience
Quantum of the Seas is the first of a brand new class of ships officially launched by Royal Caribbean International last fall. They are going for the WOW factor–and it appears they have achieved it. CruiseExperts.com was invited to the inaugural cruise out of New York and all we can say is… WOW. All I can say is the Quantum of the Seas is an amazing experience.
Royal Caribbean International has revolutionized the experience of cruising and has raised the bar for other cruise lines. This 4,180-passenger ship, (which is smaller than the Oasis-class ships with a max. of 6,296 passengers) is a complete city on a ship.
Quantum has the WOW factor:
1. Family-connected staterooms. We are excited that this ship features three different staterooms that connect to form one large shared space. That means three bathrooms in one space—if you’re traveling with a big family or group—this is a GOOD thing! So much space!
2. Studio staterooms with balconies. We were also imptessed with the studio staterooms for single travelers. Singles can now enjoy all the benefits of double-occupancy cabin AND a balcony!. These cabins are 119 sq. ft. with a 55 sq. ft. balcony. No single supplement required!
3. Virtual balconies. This feature is absolutely state-of-the-art! All inside cabins will have an 80” Hi-Def. floor-to-ceiling real-time video view of the ocean and ports complete with the appearance of a balcony. The standard inside rooms range from 166-187 sq. ft., while a 101 sq. ft. single studio is available with no single supplement required.
4. Bigger cabins. In general, all cabins on this new class of ship are 9% bigger and feature USB outlets, more storage space and multi-functional furniture. Ocean view cabins range from 182-302 sq. ft. While balcony cabins range from 177-198 sq. ft. with balconies that range from 55-119 sq. ft. Suites start with a Junior suite at 267 sq. ft. and an 81 sq. ft. balcony and go all the way up to a Royal Loft Suite with 1,640 sq. ft. and three balconies–main level balcony 415 sq. ft., main level side balcony 109 sq. ft. and upper level side balcony 89 sq. ft. WOW!
5. RipCord by iFly. If you’re an adrenalin addict, this first ever simulated skydiving experience at sea is just for you. We didn’t have time to take advantage of this, but those who did said it was definitely an adrenaline rush! This experience is free of charge to guests on the ship!
6. North Star. For a completely unique perspective don’t miss this glass capsule that rises 300 feet above sea level and gives a 360-degree view over the edge of the ship. The view is spectacular! Up to 14 people at a time can have this 15-minute experience, which is free to guests. Special packages are sold in advance so you can reserve your spot.
7. Seaplex. This is the largest sports and entertainment center at sea. The area evolves throughout the day to create different experiences from bumper cars to roller skating, a circus school with trapeze lessons to table tennis and dancing.
8. The Two70 is a 270-degree open area multi-purpose room. During the day, it is a large lounge with a 270-degree panoramic view. At night, the room transforms into an entertainment venue featuring live productions with spectacular light shows as the windows become digital scenery. The shows were high class and packed every night. Reservations are necessary.
Since April 2015, the Quantum has been sailing from Shanghai. So if you want to experience Quantum, it will call for a trip to China. Call a travel advisor for more information on booking a cruise on the amazing Quantum of the Seas. We’d love to help you plan your trip of a lifetime. Contact us anytime for all your vacation needs by calling 1-888-804-CRUIse(2784) or by visiting our website at www.CruiseExperts.com.
Julie joined the CruiseExperts.com team in 2013 as the Marketing Coordinator. She’s lived in Visalia, CA for neaqrly 30 years and is a wife and mother of two adult daughters. She holds a Communications/Marketing degree from the University of Illinois (Go ILLINI!) She has been involved in advertising, marketing, public relations, fundraising development, and event planning throughout her career. “I’m thrilled to work with the CruiseExperts.com team! And I love to travel. Put those together and I have the ideal job!”