Best Cruise Destinations
The best cruise destinations, from popular places to hidden gems
Although simply being on a cruise is a highly revered experience by itself; destination matters. Some of the most exciting locations to live in around the globe are also recognized as the best cruise destinations. From exotic corners to renowned urban regions of our world, cruising provides an exciting way to make new friends and explore different cultures. It is therefore no surprise that based on a recent industry report from the Cruise Line International Associations (CLIA) the number of cruise ports are continually growing to meet cruising demands that have increased by 68% in the last decade. But with so many options to choose from, the average traveler can find it a little difficult to choose between destinations.
To help simplify the process so that you can stop procrastinating and start cruising our cruise experts have compiled the following list of the best cruise destinations.
- Alaska. The majesty of a Alaska cruise is bound up in the duality and scale of this experience. The journey to Alaska is the ultimate immersion in luxurious decadence, crowned by the ability to experience the grandeur of mother nature from the comfort of your cruise ship. Little compares to having a front seat to stunning views of exquisitely sculpted glaciers, ice capped mountain ranges, misty fjords and the unbridled wildlife that inhabit them.
- Bora Bora. Cruising this exotic French Polynesian destination has become a common item on many bucket lists today. This beautiful volcanic island is surrounded by coral reefs, spacious harbors and a large lagoon. Good weather is also a real plus for travelers. Bora Bora has two primary seasons; summer which runs from November through March with average temperatures of 85° and 82° in its winter or slightly wetter season which runs from April through November. Minimal variations in temperature coupled with the fact that it is one of the most breathtaking islands on the planet makes cruising to Bora Bora one of the most sought after vacation experiences.
- The Caribbean always seems to make it on the list of “best” when it comes to vacation destinations. With a range of thrills from wild parties, culinary treats and the ability to island hop makes the Caribbean one of the best cruise destinations and certainly the most popular for first time as well as seasoned travelers. With ships that offer the best all inclusive cruises it’s not hard to see why the islands in the Caribbean are recognized as a preferred cruise destination for couples planning location weddings or their honeymoon. In addition, access to multiple ports of call and deep discounts makes it easy for travelers to enjoy a quick Caribbean getaway.
- Danube River. It’s a magical experience. Getting on a Danube River Cruise means a historic exploration of some of Europe’s most incredible structures and diverse cultural activities. As one of the longest rivers in Europe, you get to enjoy at least ten countries. The Danube River cruise meanders through picturesque villages interspersed by myriad awe-inspiring architectural relics and the subtle merging of modern designs into urban cities. From baroque cathedrals, the magnificence of Austria to the nostalgia of strolling the same streets in Vienna also known as the “city of music” that was once hometown to composers like Straus and Mozart among others.
- New England Cruise. For American history buffs, cruising New England is a must. As one of the oldest regions of the United States, there is much to explore. For example, post medieval structures built in the first period with heavy European influences, mammoth cathedrals of the Gothic Revival period to the uniquely American Queen Anne architecture that encompasses a wide range of design elements and multiple stylistic traditions. And, as if docking at historic harbors like Halifax, Sidney, Quebec City, and Boston was not enough, during the fall, mother nature puts on a spectacular performance, bathing already scenic bluffs and the entire coastline in a kaleidoscope of color. Surrounding cruises in rich history and colors, some of the best cruise lines for couples are those sailing along the New England coastline.
From ocean to river get the best deals on the best cruise or to book last-minute cruises simply visit CruiseExperts.com or call us at 888-804-CRUISE. Our travel experts are on stand-by to help book your perfect vacation at an unbeatable price. And, don’t forget to like us on Facebook and join our InnerCircle to receive exclusive offers and alerts on the best cruise deals and last-minute cruises. Also, check out our new Resource Center for cruise news you can use before your next cruise or cruisetour!
Our team of cruise consultants and support staff, based in Central California, counts nearly a century of combined talent, knowledge, and enthusiasm in the travel industry. We’re not just another internet upstart; our seasoned team has gained the trust and business of thousands of satisfied cruise and land vacation customers from all over the country since 1995. We ARE the original Cruise Experts.