Latest in the Cruise Experience: Carnival’s Medallion Technology
6 Reasons why Carnival Corps’s Medallion Technology Will Change the Cruise Industry
While cruising is al ready a one-of-a-kind vacation, Carnival Corps’ Medallion Technology recently unveiled confirms this mode of traveling is about to be taken to the next level. Carnival Corporation, which owns a portfolio of cruiselines including Princess, Holland, Seabourn and more, just shared its latest technology with the world with the help of their CEO, Arnold Donald. Donald called the technology, dubbed the Ocean Medallion, a platform that will forever “change the guest experience paradigm.”
So, what exactly is this new Carnival Corps Ocean Medallion Technology? For starters, the Ocean Medallion is a 1.8 ounce burnished aluminum disc that has the ability to be worn on a necklace, wristband or stored in your pocket. The goal of the technology is to take actions once considered time consuming or awkward and streamline them. By listening to the comments and suggestions of past cruisers, Carnival Corp. has been able to elevate the passenger experience by focusing on simplicity and having immediate access to many different types of amenities on and offboard. The technology has been likened to Apple Pay, a GPS, and virtual concierge rolled into one.
Know that you know a little more about Carnival Corps’s Medallion Technology, let’s talk about six ways it will improve the guest experience on a cruise:
- Say goodbye to key cards – Tired of fumbling through your pockets or purse to find your stateroom keycard? Open your cabin door easily as you approach it with your Ocean Medallion.
- Find your tribe – Anyone who has cruised with friends or family knows how frustrating it can be when you search the ship for the rest of your party. Find your tribe fast as the Ocean Medallion will help you locate others onboard immediately.
- Save paper – Buy merchandise and complete transactions on board without ever pulling out your credit card or dealing with a paper trail, thanks to this new technology on cruise ships coming soon!
- Take part in interactive gaming – Feel like playing a casino games but don’t want to leave the comfort of your stateroom? No problem. Take part in interactive gaming options with other passengers on board through the Ocean Medallion.
- Get food and drinks instantly – The new wearable technology combined with the Ocean Compass smartphone app allows you to set your beverage and food preferences before boarding or while on ship. Then you device lets the crew know exactly where you are in order to deliver the food you desire, anywhere, anytime.
- Enjoy a streamlined check-in/checkout – Forget long lines as you check in for your cruise and/or checkout to get home, thanks to Carnival Corps’s Medallion technology.
The new Ocean Medallion is set to launch in 2017, with its initial debut on the Regal Princess in November. After it is tested on Princess’s regal fleet, it will be rolled out to other cruise lines in Carnival Corps’s portfolio. Passengers will be sent the medallion free of charge weeks before their cruise embarks, and all Ocean Medallions will have their name and sail date engraved on the device.
To learn more about Carnival Cruise Corporation and how you can book the cruise of your dream, reach out to www.CruiseExperts.com at 1-888-804-CRUISE (2784). Don’t forget to like us on Facebook and join our InnerCircle for exclusive offers and cruise news you can use! Also, check out our new Resource Center, where you can receive expert knowledge from us before your next cruise or cruisetour!
Our team of cruise consultants and support staff, based in Central California, counts nearly a century of combined talent, knowledge, and enthusiasm in the travel industry. We’re not just another internet upstart; our seasoned team has gained the trust and business of thousands of satisfied cruise and land vacation customers from all over the country since 1995. We ARE the original Cruise Experts.