Looking for yoga cruise offerings? You’re in luck!
Searching for yoga cruise offerings? Learn which cruise lines will fit your yogi needs!
If you are a wellness and yoga aficionado, extending this lifestyle into your vacation plans is likely a top priority. And, thanks to multiple river cruise lines, yoga cruises that focus on one’s well being are growing in demand. Over the last few years, many cruise lines have implemented fitness and yoga classes, plus specifically focused health and wellness cruise ships. Many itineraries have also added health and cuisine-related tours and expeditions. So, which yoga cruise is the perfect match for your lifestyle and desires? Here are a few river cruise lines that offer yoga on cruises, plus an overall health-focused experience:
- AmaWaterways recently launched an exciting health and wellness program onboard its Paris and Normandy sailing ship, the AmaLyra. The program is led by noted sports scientist Selina Wank and includes up to six classes a day such as jogging, stretching, cardio and yoga. River cruise guests can also participate in health and nutrition-related lectures and groups, plus learn about relaxation techniques and how they can improve health. This program is slated to be added to additional ships in 2018.
- Additional health and wellness cruise ships are available from popular river cruise line, Emerald Waterways. The cruise line has added its EmeraldACTIVE program to many itineraries in 2017 and 2018. The complimentary program is designed for people who want to stay active on vacation and includes hiking and biking tours, plus yoga on cruises. All fitness activities are assigned a level of intensity that ranges from one to three so you can find the perfect class for your fitness level.
- Over the past few years, Uniworld has unveiled additional fitness, yoga and health-related activities and programs that focus on one’s mind, body and spirit. Mind-related activities include educational lectures, classes and more; fitness programs include hiking, kayaking, and biking, or setting a time to meet with an onboard wellness coach private workout instructor. And spirit focused experiences include rest and rejuvenation via a gentle yoga session or in-suite private massage.
- Crystal Cruises has ramped up its river yachts with Pilates and yoga classes happening on the sun deck.
- And Tauck also offers health and wellness cruise ships that provide yoga-inspired classes to guests. Plus, for those looking for additional fitness opportunities while on vacation, join a guided cycling excursion in select ports of call.
Wellness programs and yoga on cruises is becoming more prominent with both river cruise lines and larger, luxury lines. Guests can participate in onboard fitness classes, workout in state of the art fitness centers, enjoy private instruction, or take a walking, biking or kayaking tour when visiting certain cities. Diet-focused cuisine and nutrition lectures are also becoming increasingly popular on certain cruise lines, with select lines hosting healthy cooking classes and food/wine tastings.
If you are seeking to extend your healthy lifestyle into your vacation plans, a cruise may be the right choice for you. Let an experienced travel agent share upcoming yoga cruises. Visit www.CruiseExperts.com or contact us directly at 1-888-804-CRUISE (2784) to learn more. And, don’t forget to like us on Facebook and join our InnerCircle for exclusive offers and cruise news you can use! Also, check out our new Resource Center, where you can receive expert knowledge from us before your next cruise or cruisetour!