Kids Have a Boatload of Fun on Norwegian Cruise Line
The freestyle dining aboard Norwegian has made cruising with children even more accommodating! Freestyle dining means you eat what you want when you want it! For parents that option alone can be very beneficial. Beyond just the dining options Norwegian has plenty of kid friendly activities on board. Norwegians Splash Academy is offered to children 3-12 and separated into three groups. What’s really nice about this program is that it includes a lot of interactive activities and each group has a circus school feature where the kids can learn everything from ball juggling to plate spinning.
- Turtles: The turtles are for ages 3-5. These young cruisers can enjoy sensory play, developmental activities, arts & crafts, and of course circus school!
- Seals: Ages 6-9 can enjoy team-building activities, treasure hunts, and of course video games! At the Seals circus school cruisers may learn how to juggle scarfs or spin ropes and plates.
- Dolphins: If your child is between ages 10-12 they will love the Dolphins. During circus school they may learn to walk on stilts or juggle balls. Other activities with the dolphins include scavenger hunts, video games, team building activities, and arts and crafts.
- Entourage: Norwegian didn’t forget to include the teenagers! Entourage is set up into two separate groups for ages 13-14 and 15-17. Both include similar activities such as themed events, video game challenges, and even pool parties. At night the teen lounge turns into a dance club for extra fun!
- Guppies: For the tiniest cruiser Norwegian offers their guppies program. From 6 months to 2 yr. guppies can enjoy up to two hours a day of sensory play, arts and crafts, or just play time with their parents.
- Group Sitting: Available for ages 3-12 you can drop your children off with Norwegians certified youth staff for an additional charge.
- Other Norwegian Kid Favorites: You’re always in for a treat with Norwegians on board entertainment. Watch a magic show on the Getaway or enjoy a circus themed performance aboard the Breakaway. The poolside water-slide and Norwegians sports complex are also a big favorite!
Taking a cruise vacation with your children is one of life’s greatest treasures. Life-long memories are made and it’s a time the family bonds together by leaving the busy schedules behind. So it’s important to plan ahead to eliminate any interruptions to the fun. Was this information helpful? Let me know!
We want you and your family to LOVE your vacation and ensure your child has a BOATLOAD of fun! Call a CruiseExperts.com travel advisor today at 1-888-804-CRUISE(2784) with any questions you may have about cruising with children. You can also visit our website at www.CruiseExperts.com.
Join our Inner Circle or “Like” us on Facebook
Kimberly Wheeler joined the team at CruiseExperts.com in September 2014. Her role as a Social Media Marketer is to pass on the expertise of the agency to help travelers understand the world of cruising through blogging. Kimberly has an extensive background in Public Relations and Marketing and a passion for engaging the public. She received her Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication and Journalism with an option in Public Relations from Fresno State University in May 2014.