7 Things Your Cruise Travel Agent Can Help You With
Cruise Travel Agents can provide you with a variety of resources to help save time, money and enjoy your cruise without any worry.
Many people have a do-it-yourself philosophy and while that’s great for decorating your home, landscaping your yard, and other activities, booking a cruise yourself can actually cost you more.
A cruise travel agent saves you money, time, and stress by getting you deals and discounts, handling the booking, dietary requirements, and excursions. Instead of talking to several different people every time you call the cruise, you have a dedicated cruise travel agent to handle all your planning and answer any questions you have. The agents at CruiseExperts.com are professional, well-traveled, and ready to provide the assistance you need at no charge to you.
Benefits Provided by a Cruise Travel Agent
In addition to the convenience of having a knowledgeable agent take care of your cruise planning, consider the following benefits:
- A cruise agent may be able to provide a lower per-person cabin cost from special promotions granted to preferred travel agents. These non-advertised rates can be offered at times other than the last minute.
- Travel agents receive daily updates from the cruise lines via email. Updates include a variety of information including itinerary changes, menu changes, upgrades, health reports, and much more.
- Travel perks cover a wide range of goodies you won’t get when you book directly with a cruise line. Perks can include:
- Onboard credit (money loaded to your account) that can be used for almost all purchases (excluding the casino). Credit can be used for drinks, specialty dining, cruise gift shop purchases, pictures, and more.
- Free prepaid gratuities are very popular perks offered by travel agents, as most ships require you to pay daily gratuities for the services you receive onboard. The average cost of gratuities ranges from $12-$18 a day per person.
- Travel consortiums are large organizations for travel agents. Consortiums can negotiate better rates and acquire onboard perks and amenities with the cruise lines. They also work with hotels and other travel-related venues for special deals and discounts. This gives travel agents a significant advantage over the person who books directly with the cruise line.
- Your travel agent is a free consultant who provides personalized suggestions based on your vacation preferences, budget, specific travel needs, physical handicaps, special dietary restrictions, and recommend cruises that fit your interests. Your agent will recommend in-port excursions and help with any pre- or post-cruise stays as well as assist with any air flights to and from ports.
- When you are a do-it-yourself cruise arranger, all the responsibility falls on your shoulders for making decisions, doing the research and deciding between excursions. Booking your own cruise eliminates you from agency-specific promotions that provide savings and extra perks.
- Whether you’re a first-time cruiser or an experienced one, booking through a travel agent will always get you the best deal. You’ll also have a personal advocate if there are any problems. Your agent is there to help you make changes and adjustments if mistakes have been made.
Our team of cruise consultants and support staff, based in Central California, counts nearly a century of combined talent, knowledge, and enthusiasm in the travel industry. We’re not just another internet upstart; our seasoned team has gained the trust and business of thousands of satisfied cruise and land vacation customers from all over the country since 1995. We ARE the original Cruise Experts.